Body Fat Calculator
The best way of measuring your progress in losing fat and gaining muscle is to use an inexpensive skinfold caliper in conjunction with an accurate scale. Measure your skinfold thickness, then enter your values into the calculator and it will calculate your lean body mass (muscle weight) and your bodyfat percentage. These are the numbers that indicate your success!
- All measurement should be made on the right side of the body
- Caliper should be placed 1 cm away from thumb and finger, perpendicular to skinfold, and halfway between crest and base of fold
- Pinch should be maintained while reading the caliper
- Wait 1 to 2 s (and not longer) before reading caliper
- Take duplicate measures at each site and retest if duplicate measurements are not within 1 to 2 mm
- Rotate through measurement sites or allow time for skin to regain normal texture and thickness