The title is a bit of clickbait because making a lot of money should NOT be your goal. A better title would be “6 things you can do today to increase your job satisfaction”. Its not about $, its about dollars per stress hour. There is a lot of bad stuff happening in the world right now and a lot of people are watching cable news all day long and stressing themselves out. Rather than looking at the coronavirus lockdowns as the “glass half empty”, realize that you have a golden opportunity of a lifetime here to increase your job satisfaction.
This is a 3 part series:
- 6 things you can do today to improve your physique and health.
- 6 things you can do today to make more money
- 6 things you can do today to improve your life
The guy who gets to go fishing every morning and has enough money for his basic needs is a lot more rich in my mind than a wall street banker who hates his high stress job, has high blood pressure, an ulcer, and dangerously high cholesterol.
In my book, the most important two assets are simple: your health, and your time. All the money in the world will not make you happy if you dont have a second to enjoy it.
As it turns out, half the planet is in lockdown now. Some are working from home but many are simply at home and the lucky few get paid. Rather than looking at this as glas-half-empty, realize it for what it is – a once in a lifetime opportunity to retool your career. Its like the entire planet is in their car sitting at red light waiting to punch it. Its going to be awhile yet so you have an epic opportunity to supercharge your engine while everyone else is idling.
musical chairs and the music is playing, so get ready to find a chair.
Getting a good job is a lot of work and when you commute an hour a day and work 10 hours, there is not time. Guess what, now you have time! Take advantage of this golden opportunity to get yourself into a job you will love.
- Decide what you want to do, identify companies, identify skills
- Get certifications, degrees
- Hard skills – Read technical, do courses, word/excel/wordpress, foreign language, sign language, memorization skills
- People skills – dale carnagie, conflict management
- Write your resume!
- Networking! set up linked in profile, start networking,