Official Rules for the Quarterly Fitness Success Stories Contest
Win a signed scoobysworkshop t-shirt, but more importantly, help inspire others to follow in your footsteps!
About this contest
This is unlike other success stories contests where the winners are chosen by before and after photos. This is not a beauty pageant, its a fitness success stories contest. Fitness “success” can be many things and not all of them are visible. You don’t have to look like a cover model to win, its all about becoming more fit and more healthy. You can be 17 year old who has lost 100 pounds and run their first marathon or a 70 year old who has gotten off all their prescription medications using just exercise and good nutrition. The point here is to showcase ordinary people who turned their lives around to inspire others to follow in their footsteps. Remember that this is “Fitness Success Stories” contest, your success needs to be fitness or health related and you need to have a good story – a stunning “after” photo will not win you this contest. People are best motivated when they identify with who you were, how you felt, the problems your body was causing you, and the challenges you had to overcome to become more fit and healthy. When someone reads a “before” story and says “Hey, thats me!”, they truly identify and can be motivated.
What is contest schedule and deadline?
There are four contests each year, one a quarter, and you can enter any time you want. You can also enter again, even if you have won before. The most recent entrant to the contest will be featured on my home page here at scoobysworkshop.com and after that, it will be on the “Quarterly Fitness Success Stories Contestants” page.
- Jan 1- March 31
- April 1 – June 30
- July 1 – Sept 30
- Oct 1 – Dec 31
How to enter
Click here when you are ready to submit your entry! Do not wait until the last minute to submit your entry, no advantage in doing this as you can re-submit your entry as many times as you want till you get it right.
“Success” in health and fitness can be many things, it can be:
- losing fat
- improving health
- lowering blood pressure
- lowering cholesterol
- reducing blood sugar
- getting off from prescription medications
- gaining muscle
- improving performance: strength, speed, endurance, VO2max, et
What supplements are allowed?
This contest is about improving health and fitness, please keep that in mind. You know I frown upon supplements.
How winners will be chosen:
The winners chosen will be those who have a good attitude, are credible and are deemed to have had the most success in improving their fitness and health. I (Scooby) will make the decision, there will be no voting.
Before and after photos are required to enter the contest.
Photos need to be un-altered “G-rated” photos of you. It is recommended that you use the same pose in the before and after photos with similar lighting. Find some way to make it clear that the before and after pictures are of the same person, that can be by showing your face, tattoo, or other indentifying mark. Photos should clearly show physique, this can be form fitting clothing or swim attire.
Components of contest entry
The contest entry you submit online here will require the following:
- before photo (see photo requirements) and weight on day photo was taken
- after photo (see photo requirements) and weight on day photo was taken
- your full name (only your first name will be published)
- your full mailing address (only your city, state and country will be published)
- your age
- your email address where your signed shirt should be sent if you win.
- a 15-30 word summary of what your primary success was
- 200-1000 words describing what your goal was, what your fitness program was, your challenges, your results and your advice to others. If English is not your primary language, feel free to write in your native language and use google translate – please include both versions in your entry.
By entering this contest, entrant:
- acknowledges that that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or YouTube.
- agrees to release sweat4health.com, scoobysworkshop.com llc, Facebook, and Youtube, from all liability, loss or damage arising out of or relating to this contest, including with respect to the contest, interpretation of these rules, decisions by the judges, their acceptance and use/misuse of the prize.
- agrees to be bound by these contest rules.
- agrees that all materials submitted, including photographs, become the property of scoobysworkshop.com llc, sweat4health.com, and their affiliates.
- agrees that scoobysworkshop.com llc and sweat4health.com and their affiliates may use Entrant’s names, likeness, the Images, personal information, and statements made by Entrant to Sponsor, and information on the entry form for promotional purposes in all media worldwide without additional compensation. Entrant irrevocably grants the right to edit, modify and/or publish and copyright the Images.
- agrees that scoobysworkshop.com llc and sweat4health do not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- agrees that any falsified information disqualifies them.